ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

[gtld-council] Regarding constituency input versus public comment process

  • To: <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gtld-council] Regarding constituency input versus public comment process
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:58:56 +1100

Hello Ross,

The call for papers is part of the public comment process.

The constituency input is as per the bylaws.  The intent of the
constituency submissions is that they reflect a process to obtain many
inputs from within a constituency - ie they are intended to be already
an aggregate of many points of individual or organisation points of
view.

In terms of formal consideration, the staff report needs to treat these
two categories separately.

In terms of the committee deliberations - I think it is important that
we allocate sufficient time to review the public input (and papers).
This ensures that we learn from such comments, but also ensures that
individuals and organisations will feel that it is valuable to submit
such written comments, as opposed to waiting for the opportunity to
speak at the microphone somewhere in the world when the issue comes up
for consideration at a Council or Board meeting.

One thing I had hoped to do in terms of a possible physical meeting late
in February was spend some time on the various non-constituency
submissions.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin