ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

[gtld-council] Participation through Conference calls, Netmeeting, Live meetings, etc.

  • To: Sophia B <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gtld-council] Participation through Conference calls, Netmeeting, Live meetings, etc.
  • From: Mawaki Chango <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:52:58 -0700 (PDT)

I would say why not, Sophia. It is certainly more engaging than a
plain conference call, but I guess less than a live meeting.
Personally, I have been 24/7 English speaking just for a few months,
and my ears are not yet fully "fluent," so to speak (*), in hearing
properly all what you guys say in a meeting over the phone (and
sometimes even live, still:)), thus my limited participation on the
calls. In those conditions, it's kind of hard, I must confess, not to
be distracted with multi-tasking, when one is sitting in one's usual
working environment and trying to focus on the conference call.
In sum, live meetings may still be useful especially in such a
multicultural setting, which I'm sure we all agree on.
Best,

Mawaki
(*) For those who don't know, I grew up and have been educated
speaking French, among other local languages, and had to learn and
speak Portuguese over the last three years, before being now in my
first year in an all-English speaking environment.

=== message truncated ===