ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

Re: [gtld-council] [Fwd: Comments re. New gTLD PDP Call Today]

  • To: "Gnso. Secretariat" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, owner-gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] [Fwd: Comments re. New gTLD PDP Call Today]
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:36:52 +0000 GMT

I apologize for missing the call. I believe all are aware of the circumstances.

I raise to the Council /TF a concern that does not appear but may have been
hightlighted in discussion. The GAC advised the Council and BD of its interest
in advising on policy re gTLDs in its communique.

We are required to. Seek input from relevant SOs and advisory groups, and we
sld discuss this process in some detail in Marrakech.
We have a session with the GAC on Sunday and that will be a start. However, I
am not comfortable that we have also sought advise of the SSAC or of the CCNSO.
At a minimum, we should discuss a form of outreach to both by TF.

As to timing, ensuring in particular consultation with GAC will need attention
and may require some willingness on our part to do inter-sessional conference
call interaction with the GAC.

Regards,
Marilyn Cade