ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] Pre application assessment

  • To: "'Marilyn Cade'" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Philip Sheppard'" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] Pre application assessment
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <rfassett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:32:44 -0400

Hi Marilyn...I agree and interpret this language in 2.2 to satisfactorily
capture the distinction:

"In addition to considering grant options, other options for ICANN to
address could be organizing periodic awareness and training workshops for
interested stakeholders on new top level domains"

While training workshops imply a "presentation by staff of the requirements
in the bid document, and an opportunity for Q and A that is neutral,
factual, and can be public, and will be preliminary" it does not imply
"public pre-evaluation hearings" of one or more TLD strings for example so I
think we are saying the same thing and appreciate your better clarifying
this point.

Ray