RE: [gtld-council] PDP05 - renewals
- To: <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [gtld-council] PDP05 - renewals
- From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:11:30 +1000
> If so, then one question becomes key that relates to the
> period of the award.
> At what point do NEW Consensus Policies apply ?
This is an excellent question.
Nominally the consensus polices at:
http://www.icann.org/general/consensus-policies.htm should be applied
immediately they are published (see "effective dates").
Registry agreements however do place constraints on which policies can
be applied during the term of the agreement.
The current list in recommendation 4.6 is (which were derived from the
.jobs version of the constraints).
- (1) issues for which uniform or coordinated resolution is reasonably
necessary to facilitate interoperability, security and/or stability of
the Internet or DNS;
- (2) functional and performance specifications for the provision of
Registry Services (as defined in Section 3.1(d)(iii) below);
- (3) security and stability of the registry database for the TLD;
- (4) registry policies reasonably necessary to implement Consensus
Policies relating to registry operations or registrars;
- or (5) resolution of disputes regarding the registration of domain
names (as opposed to the use of such domain names).
It is possible for a consensus policy to be created that is outside of
that list (e.g new gTLDs policy).