ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

[gtld-council] GNSO PDP Dec 05: Draft Final Report & Staff Memo

  • To: gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gtld-council] GNSO PDP Dec 05: Draft Final Report & Staff Memo
  • From: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:44:48 +0100

Colleagues

I have attached two documents -- the draft Final Report on the introduction of new top-level domain names and a staff memo that should be read in conjunction with the Report.

The first document sets out the Committee's draft recommendations and includes a comprehensive narrative about how the Committee reached its recommendations. Thank you very much to everyone who has been so involved in developing the draft Recommendations and for providing useful feedback which, I hope, has been incorporated accurately and fairly. Please do send me corrections or clarifications as you find them.

The second document is a staff memo which sets out feedback from a number of staff members. It is designed to encourage further discussion and refinement of the Committee's recommendations and to facilitate discussion at the upcoming Sao Paulo meetings.

Finally, it would be helpful to have a Committee conference call prior to the Sao Paulo meeting to include any updates on the Report.

I will work with Bruce to schedule that call at a convenient time, given the upcoming Thanksgiving holidays for many of our Committee members.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor