ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] IPC comments

  • To: <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] IPC comments
  • From: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:32:54 -0800

> I'd be willing to trade sunrise for your support Robin and
> Bret for sponsored only ?

I think we still have space and need for attractive generic TLDs, like
.INFO, .WEB. .BLOG, .III, etc., but I will agree with you that we need to
find a way to get the names in the hands of legitimate, non-infringing
registrants who intend to use the name for a *new* and *differentiated*
legitimate, non-infringing use. My guess is that this is common ground for
the IPC, BC, *and* the prospective registries for these new gTLDs. Perhaps
we could have a conversation about this in Sao Paulo.

          Bret