ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gtld-council] GNSO PDP Dec 05: Call outcomes

• To: gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gtld-council] GNSO PDP Dec 05: Call outcomes
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:35:58 +0100

Everyone

Thanks very much for joining the call last night. A lot of good ideas came out of that which will help with final preparations for the Sao Paulo new TLDs forum.

A number of people suggested clarifications -- for example, Ray Fassett on the difference between string contention and string opposition; Tony Harris on the proposed grants scheme; Chuck Gomes on "principles and not opening old debates".

If you have any questions you'd like raised in the public forum about these or any other issues, please send them to me ASAP.

If you have any amendments you'd like to make to the draft Final Report please send text to me and to the list to facilitate further discussion.

If you have updated constituency positions, please send those to the list immediately.

Finally, Marilyn asked about an updated timeline for the work. I made some rough proposals without my diary in front of me. A revised timeline will need to take account of GAC inputs; other SO and AC inputs and the necessity of ongoing internal work on implementation. We should agree a timeline in Sao Paulo to guide the work and to get it completed as efficiently as possible.

Kind regards and travel safely.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy