ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

[gtld-council] GNSO PDP Dec 05: Updated Report

  • To: gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gtld-council] GNSO PDP Dec 05: Updated Report
  • From: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:10:36 +0100

Colleagues

I will shortly be sending you the updated version of the new TLDs report -- it is a large file that is in both PDF and HTML version. The HTML version will be posted to the GNSO website in the draft document section.

I have dramatically re-structured the report to reflect, as closely as possible, the major progress that was made in the LA meetings AND the subsequent discussions on the various lists. I wanted the document to look as clean and as finished as possible -- prior to the addition of the Working Group materials which will come as soon as the working groups are finished.

The major changes are:

Executive Summary
Principles, Policies and Implementation Guidelines set out in clear tables
Discussion of recommendations fleshed out and explanatory text included
Inclusion of proposed implementation plan diagrams
Inclusion of placeholder text for GAC public policy principles, Reserved Names Working Group, IDN Working Group and Protecting the Rights of Others Working Group

I will also be sending you a "Dispute Resolution Models" document which should be read in conjunction with the draft Implementation Plan that was presented at the LA meetings. The DRM will be used in the Lisbon meetings to facilitate discussion about developing best practice systems for resolving disputes within the application process.

Thank you very much to everyone who has participated so actively and positively. Of course, any questions, just ask.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor