ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

Re: [gtld-council] FW: [council] Next steps with the new gTLD recommendations

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] FW: [council] Next steps with the new gTLD recommendations
  • From: "Sophia B" <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 08:21:30 -0700

 Assuming that there is strong support for a recommendation as
> > written, we should be able to confirm that support with a list of
> > every councillor that openly supports the position relatively
> > quickly.  In places where we do not have strong support for a
> > recommendation we should be able to indentify that quickly as well
> > and add the issue to the 'work to be done' list.  I think doing this
> > work is an integral part of:
> > > wherein the Council will work towards achieving a Supermajority
> > > Vote to present to the Board.
> > and something we
>
> must do before we ask others to consider the report.

Agree with both...maybe, the above is where we can start the next step.
Sophia

On 29/05/07, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

For the record i too agree that we cannot reset the clock.  I also
must admit i have not heard anyone suggest that we reset the clock.
I think that is an unlikely hypothetical.

a.