ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

Re: [gtld-council] PDP Dec 05: Recommendation Chart & Responses Required

  • To: robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] PDP Dec 05: Recommendation Chart & Responses Required
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 16:48:22 -0400

Robin Gross wrote:
...as long as morality is going to be a string criteria at all, it should not be more restrictive than the law would allow.

...but that's really my question. Is this about a specific law, or the law in general. If it is about the law in general, then I think it goes with out saying. If it is about a specific law, as your comment above implies, then we should specify which law we mean.

I'm finding this all very confusing and of dubious practical value to be honest. If technical coordination had anything to do with morality then email attachments and streaming video probably wouldn't have been permitted by the "coordinators" in the first place. What I mean is, the GNSO's purpose is to create policy related to the management and use of technical resources. The whole discussion of morality has nothing to do with our work or purpose and should not be included in our policy recommendations.

--
Regards,

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services