ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] modifications to new gTLD recommendations #3 and 6

  • To: "Liz Williams" <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] modifications to new gTLD recommendations #3 and 6
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:26:35 -0400

Good point Liz.  We certainly have tried throughout to avoid exposing
ICANN to unneccessary risk.  That was not my intent but it does seem to
me if I am understanding the concerns of the NCUC and IP interests
correctly that we need to try to find some way to make sure that the
recommendation adequately accommodates both areas of concern, which I
think are somewhat different.  I think 'strings' works for trademarks
but I am not sure it works for 'freedom of expression'.  Let's keep
working together on this without unneccesarily exposing ICANN.

Chuck Gomes