ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] proposed new Rec. #21

  • To: "Mawaki Chango" <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] proposed new Rec. #21
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 13:22:12 -0400

Mawaki,

I think I agree with everything you said.  Upon re-reading my message, I
think I confused matters by saying "it seems important to make sure that
we are explicit about how the dispute panels evaluate all challenges."
By that I did not mean being explicit about implementation details but
rather explicit in the policy statement to ensure that all relevant
rights contained in international principles of law should be applied in
any rights based challenge.  I suggest you ignore the second clause of
my first sentence and focus on the rest of the message.  I think it says
things similar to what you said.

Chuck Gomes