ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

[gtld-council] Agenda for New gTLD meeting - proposed

  • To: gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gtld-council] Agenda for New gTLD meeting - proposed
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:39:01 -0400

Hi,

Agenda for our Meeting Thursday 19 July at 12:00 UTC.

Please send comment/corrections/additions etc.

I have attached the latest action item list and recommendations list.

In the recommendation list, I have included the latest recommendations on 6 and 20 in the comments field. I have also included 2 new Implementation Guidelines P and Q. P includes the process and definitions related to 20, and Q contains the general statement dealing with the basic ICANN response to public comments. These are both listed as proposed.

Agenda (proposed

0 - Start of meeting (10 min)
    roll call
    stmts of intersts update
    agenda review

- review status of recommendations (10 min)
    confirm that current chart contains an accurate picture
     - this includes review of results from last meeting
       - Rec 19 rewording

- Issue #6 (20 min)
    review wording
    final committee discussion on wording of #6

- Issue #20 & Implementation Guideline P (20 min)
    review wording
    final committee discussion on wording #20

- Implementation Guideline Q (proposed) (20 min)
  "ICANN staff will provide an automatic reply to all those
  who submit public comments that will explain the dispute
  and objection procedures"

- Review open staff implementation questions (20 min)

  -  Referring to section 2.3 of the Staff Discussion Points document,
     Where are disputes/objections to Geographical names dealt with?

  -  Referring to section 3.7.3 of the Staff Discussion Points document
     with respect to Recommendation 7
Does evaluation of technical capabilities need to take into account
     more factors than the applicant's stated purpose only?

- review action items (10 min)

- other issues (10 min)