Comments to new gTLD proposal
- To: <gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Comments to new gTLD proposal
- From: "Chan, Wendy" <Wendy.Chan@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:52:16 -0800
Please find below, comments regarding the new gTLD proposal from Nike .
1. Consolidate Complaints. There should be an ability to
consolidate complaints against the same party.
2. Reserved Name List. Famous trademarks should be added to the
reserved name list. However, failing this, successful objections should
have precedential value so trademark owners don't have to keep
3. Objection Process Details. There needs to be more details
regarding timing, deadlines, and process for objections. Objection
should be efficient, and not prohibitive in cost or time.
4. Dispute Resolution Fees. These need to be more detailed.
Brand owners are already spending hundreds of thousands to protect their
trademarks on line and there continues to be rampant online abuse.
Having a cost of $70 - 122K to object to an application is unacceptable.
5. Past abuse. The application procedure should include diligence
for past domain name abuse and certainly this should be a factor if
raised in any objection.