ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-guide]

2.1.1.3.2 String Requirements

  • To: <gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: 2.1.1.3.2 String Requirements
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:24:39 -0500

In reading a few of the public comments, I think it would be helpful for
ICANN to cite the origination of the policy where it states "Applied-for
strings must be composed of three or more visually distinct letters or
characters in the script, as appropriate".  I can certainly understand a
purpose behind implementing this, such as the importance of "visually
distinct characters".  I just do not know where this policy is located to
fully understand it as it pertains to a single character that would seem to
inherently mean can not be three or more visually confusing characters.

Thank you.

Ray Fassett