[gtld-strategy-draft] Strategy to select "generic" TLDs
- To: <gtld-strategy-draft@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gtld-strategy-draft] Strategy to select "generic" TLDs
- From: "ladyze" <ladyze@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 16:28:13 -0400
In your strategy to select new gTLD's, many internet
users hope you use the following criteria:
1. Be completely objective, considering that you
are looking for "generic" extensions; ones that
clearly define and reflect the world wide web.
2. Consider previous comments submitted to ICANN's
public comment forum, and don't forget where the most
support lies, and what the majority of internet users
3. Consider that 3-letter suffixes are easier to type in,
and more common, than 4-letter suffixes.
4. Consider that the longest running registry(ies) should
be recognized for their patience, resilience, and support
of the internet and note their continued commitment
within this medium.