ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-transition]

Opposed to Tiered Pricing

  • To: gtld-transition@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to Tiered Pricing
  • From: "Searchen Networks Inc." <clasione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 01:26:22 -0500

I am strongly opposed to unrestricted pricing on .com, .net, and .org domain
names.

I recently learned of unrestricted pricing on premium .tv domains and am no
longer interested in tlds which registration and renewal pricing can be set
by a presumed value. Honestly, we have enough of this in life as it is and I
do not want to see this happen with domains - especially those which are
most commonly used in the United States like .com, .net, and .org. There
needs to be reasonable checks and balances on pricing and the current
standards are working well. Lifting or removing language which has kept some
level of reliability on domain pricing is damaging and dangerous to the
entire system.

ICANN needs to continue to work hard at including restrictions and reliable
pricing standards while keeping domains fair and balanced for every day
people, rich or poor.

--
John Colascione
Chief Executive Officer