ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-transition]

Missing pricing caps

  • To: gtld-transition@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Missing pricing caps
  • From: SteveMorsa@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 18:55:59 EST

I am in full support of Mr. Schilling's and other like minded commentators'
detailed, well documented, and logical positions supporting continued pricing
stability.

Furthermore; given the critically important part which ICANN plays within the
worldwide Internet; I have grave concerns for the deleterious effects on
ICANN iteslf from having to defend perhaps up to 100's; if not 1,000's; of
expensive lawsuits which would likely result from the unfounded removal of
"controlled pricing" from those tlds which already exist.

Nothing less than the strength, stability, and continued & future growth of
the Internet would be at stake should such pricing stability be removed.

Thank you for your careful consideration of this dangerous proposal.