ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtldfinalreport-2007]

Comments

  • To: <gtldfinalreport-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments
  • From: "Christopher Ambler" <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:50:36 -0700

Image Online Design and the .Web Internet Domain Registry are pleased that
ICANN is moving forward with the introduction of additional gTLDs. Image
Online Design first proposed the .Web gTLD in 1995 and was prepared to begin
operations in 1996 with the publication of Draft Postel II. After a delay of
four years, Image Online Design participated in ICANN's new gTLD process in
2000 and, while not selected at the time, was assured that the application
was still pending for the next selection round. All other applicants for
.Web in the 2000 selection round received other gTLDs, and Image Online
Design's application is the only application for .Web still pending. Image
Online Design believes that its application should be granted in the next
selection round before any new applications are accepted.

Twelve years after our initial proposal, we remain ready to begin operations
of the .Web registry. We are optimistic that selection will proceed in an
objective and fair manner, and that the treatment of those applications
still pending from the 2000 selection round are considered as promised. As
the longest-standing prospective registry operator, we look forward to
putting our experience to work.

Christopher Ambler

Chief Technical Officer

Image Online Design, Inc.