ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icg-forum]

Comments on ICG draft Charter

  • To: icg-forum@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments on ICG draft Charter
  • From: Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 19:21:38 +0100

Hello,

Below is my comments and proposed edits on the ICG draft charter [1]

*b. Solicit broader input*.......communities, everyone’s input is welcome
across all

*Response*
I propose this to be updated as thus:
......the ICG will provide a process to receive and review everyone's
input; this process will allow communities who don't fall within the 3
categories submit their contribution/proposal.

*(iii) Assembling and submitting a complete proposal *

......verifying that the whole fulfills the intended scope,

*Response*
I suggest that the scope be clearly indicated. If the scope referred to
here is the scoping document then i propose the following rewording:
......verifying that the whole fulfills the intended scope as defined in
the scoping document,

....communities in a manner similar to what was described in task (ii)
above.

*Response*
Its important to clarify that there is always a need to public comment
whenver an update is done on the draft proposal. Inview of this, i propose
the following re-wording:

....communities in a manner similar to what was described in task (ii)
above and the updated draft is re-presented as described in iii above.

*(iv) Information sharing *The ICG should serve as.....

*Response*
I don't know which is more action based between "should" and "will" but in
this context i think will may be an appropriate word here and this applies
to everywhere should is used in (iv)

.......the ICG members are listed, etc.....

*Response*
Its important to indicate the moderation status of the content of the
website. So i propose the following edits:

......the ICG members are listed, etc.....all information on the website
will be publicly available without any form of restriction like user login
details

Regards
1.
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/draft-charter-coordination-group-17jun14-en.pdf