ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icg-forum]

Comments on evaluations of protocol parameters response

  • To: "Icg-Forum@Icann. Org" <icg-forum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments on evaluations of protocol parameters response
  • From: "Richard Hill" <rhill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 12:12:05 +0100

I note that there have been at least two evaluations of the IETF response
regarding protocol parameters by, respectively, Jari Arkko and Milton
Mueller.  I see that from a message from Milton that refers to both:

  http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/internal-cg/2015-January/002720.html

There may be other evaluations too.  Patrick Faltstrom says that they are
available on dropbox, see:

  http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/internal-cg/2015-February/002825.html

But this is not helpful for non-ICG members: I don't know that the
appropriate dropbox URL is.  If the intent of the ICG is that the
evaluations be publicly accessible, then please provide the dropbox URLs.

Regarding the evaluations by Jari and Milton, Jari correctly notes that he
is formally responsible for the processs that produced the response, so he
is neither independent nor impartial.  Milton correctly notes that he
participated in the process, so he is not impartial.

I would have thought that it would be better if the evaluations were made by
people who are impartial and independent.

Be that as it may, I find that Milton's evaluation is factually correct,
whereas Jari's omits a number of material facts.

Sincerely,
R. Hill