ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

new internet domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: new internet domain
  • From: swrightone@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 19:20:42 -0400

We understand a new internet domain is being considered for pornography.

We urge you to stop all present and future efforts to make this change.

Pornography is already very available to those who seek it.  We do not need it
added or enhanced in any way.

Pornography is also a destroyer - of homes, families, individuals - and a
threat to women and children - sometimes even to death.  It is extremely
addictive to males, young and old alike, and addictions grow unless curbed.  We
have at least one family member who is highly addicted and the above
consequences are heartbreaking.

PLEASE do not make pornography any easier to access - and if anything - make it
less accessible.

Thank you,
Jim and Stella Wright
Windsor, CO