ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Please, no to .XXX

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Please, no to .XXX
  • From: "Dick & Karen McKelvey" <exalthim2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 15:17:59 -0500

Please do NOT establish a .xxx domain for pornography.  This can  lead to
nothing but damage and destruction for families in our country.   To do so
would increase the tragic consequences of porn exposure in individual lives,
both children & adults, because a .xxx domain would  make hardcore pornography
even easier to access.  Hardcore porn is already a violation of U.S. Law but
it's not being prosecuted adequately by the U.S. Department of Justice.   Porn
sites on a .xxx domain would still be violating U.S. obscenity laws...so what
purpose would be accomplished by this move, other than that of destroying lives?

Please rethink this action and vote for individuals, families, and our country.

Sincerely,

Richard & Karen McKelvey