ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

NO XXX domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: NO XXX domain
  • From: "Mary Anne Layden" <layden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:11:18 -0400

Dear ICANN,

Again you are considering the ill advised step of creating an XXX domain.

Given the significant and growing research that shows the vast kinds of damage
produced by pornography including sexual violence, creating a domain for this
toxic material is unconscionable.

Even an introductory psychology 101 student would be able to predict using the
most basic psychological principles that creating this domain will increase
pornographic websites and access.

This will damage men, women and children as well as our society.

I have attached a file with summaries of just a few of the studies which show
the damage of this material.

Please re-think you position.

Mary Anne Layden, Ph D
Director
Sexual Trauma and Psychopathology Program
Center for Cognitive Therapy
University of Pennsylvania