ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Pornography on the internet- .xxx

  • To: interet industry <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pornography on the internet- .xxx
  • From: nick kohn <kohndog91@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 20:36:39 +1000

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my concern in hearing that ICANN are again considering
making a .xxx for pornography on the internet. I fear that a .xxx domain would
increase the amount and availibility of pornography on the internet. As well as
this I would think that the establishment of the .xxx domain would not lead to
pornographers leaving the .com domain because it is too much of a money inflow
for them, and would therefore provide no help to parents trying to
appropriately filter their internet connection.

Pornography effects people in ways that most probably do not even realise. Once
the images get into a persons head it is near impossible to get rid of accept
over a long time. Kids, being kids, have less of an ability to think these
things through and to make good decisions that they won't regret later. We need
to be giving our young people the best oppurtunity to stay away from the trap
of pornography.

It is also true that those who are addicted to porn, (which is basically anyone
who looks at it regularly), have a much higher chance to get into sexual crime.
This sort of fact is some of the reason why porn is so obviously detremental to
society.

Given the devastating effects of easily accessible online pornography, we have
a responsibility to prevent its spread and further legitimisation. The harmful
effects of pornography for families and children is already widespread and does
not need to be encouraged.

I am an 18 year old male. I've seen plenty of my peers struggle with
pornography and have had to deal with it in my own life, and it is mainly dew
to its easy access over the internet.

So please do not encourage any more pornography on the internet by starting
this .xxx domain. If anything we need to start getting a lot stricter on what
is allowed on the internet.

Thanks, Nick
View photos of singles in your area! Looking for a hot date?
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/