ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

re xxx internet domain for pornography

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: re xxx internet domain for pornography
  • From: "Glenda Manson" <glenda953@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:31:52 +1000

I find it completely objectionable that any pornography should be allowed on
the internet, especially when we know the Police have officers working full
time to seek out people downloading this filth of children alone. There is
nothing good about it, it breaks down people's respect for others and some
people have become addicted to it to the extent that they have to act it out
- in some cases taking it to the extent of murdering. If cigarettes are so
offensive, surely pornography is much more so. Cigarettes affect the smoker
and those around them. So does pornography.

To give any credibility to pornography is unacceptable. By allowing any
place for it seems foolish at best.

I respectfully request that this domain not be established as it wouldn't
make any difference to the pornographic sites already on .COM and very
likely increase the amount available.

Regards,

Glenda Manson