ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

[no subject]

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject:
  • From: Laura Beardsley <laura@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:35:52 -0400

To whom it may concern,

As a female, sister, daughter, mother, and friend, I ask that there be NO
MORE porn online or more access to it.  Please DO NOT allow another domain
for this.  Porn is a relationship destroyer.  Our society has already seen
the effects of it by the negative behavior and actions of our youth, broken
marriages, and aggressive crimes against women and children.

Porn may seem like a private escape that doesn't hurt anyone else, but it
does affect the mind and expectations of future relationships.  We do not
really live alone.  We function as a society together.  We depend on one
another.  We each need character, morals, relationships and committment to
others and to ideals for ourselves.

We are constantly guiding the generation that follows ours.  What are
we passing to them?

Porn changes people.
Porn objectifies people.
Porn deeply hurts women and children.
Porn eventually destroys men.
Porn destroys true beauty.

Please DO NOT ALLOW another domain for more porn.

Thank you.
-Laura Beardsley