ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

.xxx domains

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .xxx domains
  • From: "Dennis Outrted" <ruach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:19:34 +1000

TO:

Members of the  Board

The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

We  ask that you do not allow the creation of a .xxx domain.

A .xxx domain would provide further legitimacy to the pornography industry,
increase the amount of pornography on the internet, tempt the vulnerable and
make it more easily available. This has the potential to increase the number
of people who are desensitised to sex and violence, including children and
adversely affect many families.

Author Maggie Hamilton has interviewed more than 70 boys, parents and
teachers for her book What's Happening to our Boys?, a companion book to one
she did about how girls are affected by sexualised imagery. ''What I found
so upsetting about the boys I interviewed was the desensitisation around sex
and violence . and it was kids right across the board,'' she said.

D & A Outred