ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Do NOT create .xxx, instead adopt the findings of the dissent.

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Do NOT create .xxx, instead adopt the findings of the dissent.
  • From: "VP Production" <oesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:11:37 -0700

We support option #3, "3.) Adopt the Findings of the Dissent", as referenced in
http://www.icann.org/en/irp/icm-v-icann/draft-options-post-irp-declaration-26mar10-en.pdf

Creation of a .xxx TLD does *not* in any way have the support of the community
for which it supposedly is being created... that of the creators and marketers
of adult content.  As a member of that community we strongly oppose creation of
this proposed virtual ghetto and the overwhelmingly negative consequences that
would result from its coming into being.