ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I Oppose the .XXX Domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I Oppose the .XXX Domain
  • From: "Al Buxton" <albuxton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:01:26 -0400

Dear Members of the Board of ICANN:

I am writing to urge you to stop the proposal of the .XXX domain. This new
domain would only increase the amount of pornography available on the
internet, easing accessibility to hard core pornography to minors and adults
alike. The internet is a great tool for obtaining information and expanding
communications among a great variety of users. We do not need a designated
domain for easy access and spreading pornography which is detrimental to our
society and culture.

Pornography is a widespread, ever-growing crisis, polluting the minds of its
viewers and negatively changing attitudes towards women and children. Please
do NOT participate in something that could further the destruction of
marriages, the abuse of children, and the demise of our culture.

A more appropriate goal should be to STOP the distribution of pornographic
material by prosecuting those responsible for it, rather than assist the
access to pornography on the .XXX domain.

Again, please stop the proposal of the .XXX domain.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

A. L. Buxton