ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I Oppose the .XXX Domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I Oppose the .XXX Domain
  • From: "Vicky C Galloway" <on-the-shining-path@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:21:21 -0400

Dear Members of the Board of ICANN:

I am writing to urge you to kill the proposal of the .XXX domain. There is
strong opposition from both sides of
this argument, this new domain would only increase the amount of pornography
available on the Web, easing
accessibility to hard core pornography to minors and adults alike.  We must
protect children, as well as curious
teens from exposure, which often leads to addiction, but is ALWAYS punctuated
by crimes perpetrated by those
feeding on this obscene material!

We have already seen children and teens exposed to porn who committed crimes
against other children because
they were "driven"  to "ACT OUT" what they had seen!  Did we learn nothing from
Ted Bundy, who said his
murder sprees were ALL as a result of his early childhood addiction to
pornography ?!   People who feed on
obscene material all seem to need to "act out" what they see, and if they are
already troubled, this means the
innocent will be hurt!

Pornography is a widespread, ever-growing crisis, polluting the minds of its
viewers and negatively changing attitudes
towards women and children. Please do NOT participate in the destruction of
marriages, the abuse of children, and the
demise of our culture!  There will always be those people who will use this to
promote their warped choices, and as
ALWAYS the INNOCENT will pay the price!

A much more appropriate goal should be to STOP the distribution of this
destructive material by prosecuting those responsible for it, not protect
pornography on the .XXX domain.  These people have proven they will do ANYTHING
to make money on this garbage, and they have no morals or concerns about WHO is
hurt!  WE DO!

Again, please KILL  the proposal of the .XXX domain, and staunchly regulate our
Internet to protect the innocent
from it's continual outflow of crime, and deviancy!

Sincerely,
Mr. Parker Galloway