ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I Support the .XXX Domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I Support the .XXX Domain
  • From: jake goliver <wolfguy1605@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:35:55 -0400

Dear members of the ICANN board,

I strongly support the attempt to create a .XXX domain name for all
pornographic websites.  If it can be regulated properly and ensure full
compliance from all pornographic companies and their affiliates the .xxx
domain could be a very effective way to protect pornography from being
viewed by children or those who do not wish to view it.  It would be very
simple for filter programs to block the .xxx domain as opposed to trying to
block the 1000's of keywords that could lead to a pornographic site.  As
someone who struggled for nearly 10 years with an addiction to pornography,
I think this would be one of the best possible steps to help prevent porn
from reaching a wide range of audiences.  It would also be very easily to
update all internet browsers with the option to block a .xxx domain if it is
not already in place.  Again, I strongly support this plan for creating the
.xxx domain as long as you can ensure full compliance with stiff penalties
for pornographic companies that fail to switch from .com to .xxx I look
forward to seeing the results of this.

God Bless!