ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I Oppose the .XXX Domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I Oppose the .XXX Domain
  • From: tracie moore <traciemor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:21:29 -0400

Dear Members of the Board of ICANN:

*I am writing to urge you to kill the proposal of the .XXX domain.* The fact
that it even has to be said is disturbing! Pornography is already WAY TOO
ACCESSIBLE and it is NOT a victim-less situation. I deal every day with men
and women who are deeply wounded and emotionally scarred from their own
involvement in pornography, or the involvement of someone they
love...particularly a spouse

This new domain would only increase the amount of pornography available on
the Web, easing accessibility to hard core pornography to minors and adults
alike. There is NO justified reason, no social benefit to offer pornography
except to exploit others and make money on their weaknesses and temptations.

Pornography is a widespread, ever-growing crisis, polluting the minds of its
viewers and negatively changing attitudes towards women and children. Please
do NOT participate in the destruction of marriages, the abuse of children,
and the demise of our culture.

A more appropriate goal should be to STOP the distribution of this
destructive material by prosecuting those responsible for it, not to protect
pornography on the .XXX domain.

PLEASE do everything you can to STOP the proposal of the .XXX domain.
Millions of men. women, and children -  our most valuable asset and our most
vulnerable segment of society - will thank you! I would be so happy to be
able to close my organizaton because there was no longer a need!

Sincerely,
Tracie B. Moore
President, Release Ministries, Inc.