ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Concerning a Pornographic Domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Concerning a Pornographic Domain
  • From: deborino@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:16:03 +0000 (UTC)

I oppose creating a domain for pornographic material.  This would violate
current regulations and encourage even more human trafficking and aberrant
sexual behavior throughout the Internet .  Not only would it allow a place
where minors, who have no filters on their computers, can access "adult"
material, but it would also encourage more communication from those who are
addicted to this type of material to those minors.  It is known to influence
and shape their minds and actions.  In light of recent rapes and murders
facilitated by communication over the Internet , I feel that the restrictions
for Internet material should become greater and not more lenient.  Consider, it
could be your daughter/son or niece/nephew or granddaughter/grandson who is
targeted next by a predator who has filled their mind with enough sexual
violence and warped behavior that they turn to acting it out.

Debbie Lock