ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Do not create the .xxx domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Do not create the .xxx domain
  • From: David Johnson <djohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:45:15 -0700

Dear ICANN Board Members,

I strongly urge you not to create a .xxx domain specifically designed for pornographers. The industry is an insidious parasite on society. Those advocating for the potential domain group care nothing for the well-being of our society and instead see only another opportunity to create addicts for their product and line their pockets with additional billions beyond what they already accumulate. The threats of online pornography, its introduction to children younger and younger, and the grip it has on addicts, including a large number of criminals, are widely documented. The increase of sex trafficking, STDs, and the destruction of families worldwide are clear evidences of its deleterious effects. Creating a new domain will not move existing pornography to a controllable locale, it will simply multiply it at a horrendous rate. Consequently, for the sake of our society, I urge you as strongly as I can to deny the request for a .xxx domain.

Sincerely,
David Johnson