ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Please do not support the creation of a XXX domain

  • To: "Members of the Board" <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Please do not support the creation of a XXX domain
  • From: "Anna Cruz" <aycruz7590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:44:05 -0500

Members of the Board

I am a concern parent and grandmother I strongly oppose the creation or
expansion of any domain that promotes pornography. Emotional and psichological
harm has been widely researched and daily we see the consequences in news. Rape
and sex related crimes are higher than ever do the easy exposure to sex.

Neither ICANN nor the company urging the establishment of this new domain are
arguing that the .XXX domain would clean up the .COM domain and require all
pornographers to move to .XXX.  The .COM domain is a cash cow for pornographers
and they are not leaving it.  ICANN has no enforcement powers to make them
leave and thus clean up .COM.  Pornographers would simply expand to .XXX and
maintain their current .COM sites, perhaps doubling the number of porn sites
and doubling their menace to society.

Please do not create a .XXX domain.

OPPOSED TO PORNOGRAPHY

Sincerely,