ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

XXX is illegal

  • To: "Members of the Board" <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: XXX is illegal
  • From: "Anne Reiser" <meanymom54@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 09:02:05 -0500

Members of the Board

Hardcore pornography (or "obscene material" as it is called in U.S. law) on the
Internet is ALREADY a violation of U.S law.  It is just not being prosecuted by
the U.S. Department of Justice because those in charge are letting the public
down.  So for those who argue that by establishing a new .XXX domain AND then
passing by a new law requiring porn companies to move (IF such a law was upheld
after years of litigation) we can solve our Internet porn problem, we must ask
why these two events will suddenly compel the Department to begin prosecuting
porn companies.  If the Department of Justice is not prosecuting Internet porn
companies now for violating U.S. obscenity laws, it is not going to prosecute
such companies for merely locating in the wrong address.

Please do not create a .XXX domain.

Sincerely,

Anne Reiser
47 Meritoria Dr