ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

We are opposed to a new XXX web domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: We are opposed to a new XXX web domain
  • From: Jeffery Vowell <jx3link@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:44:12 -0700 (PDT)

Both my husband and I (parents of two boys) are strongly opposed to allowing
the creation of a new .XXX web domain.  We know that this will NOT reduce
pornography on the internet, nor will it provide some replacement for those
porn sites currently using .com domains (as if this proposed .xxx domain will
provide some absolute filtering mechanism...  which it will not!).  We urge you
in the strongest terms possible to deny this request.  Thank you.

Linda Vowell
Memphis, TN