ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

.xxx domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .xxx domain
  • From: "Chris & Fiona Doherty" <cfdoherty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:40:19 +1000

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to express my concern about the proposal to establish a
.xxx domain for pornographic material on the internet.  Pornography encourages
the animalisitic passions in all of us, some more so than others.  Some of us
can view pornography and then control our behaviour but some of us simply
cannot, leading to a rise in sex related crime.

I am confident that the establishment of a .xxx domain will not eliminate
pornographers using the .com domain.  It will also seem to normalise
pornography as being just an ordinary part of life.

I urge you to vote down the latest efforts by the pornography industry to have
their own .xxx domain.

Yours Faithfully

Chris Doherty.