ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I support option # 3

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I support option # 3
  • From: Pronfan <pronfan@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 19:50:37 +0200

I am a member of the adult entertainment industry. I support Option # 3 of the March 26, 2010 process options submitted by ICANN for public comment.

I do not support the creation of a .XXX sTLD and believe that the ICANN Board was well within its rights to deny ICM’s application in the 2007 Board meeting in Lisbon.

The adult industry does neither need nor want an .XXX top-level domain.
There is a term for what would be going on if .XXX was approved - it's blackmail. I would be forced to register .XXX domains to protect my business from stalkers. I do not want to register .XXX domains be it out of business protection considerations or as an investment. .XXX domains are as worthless as a .cx domain for an adult webmaster. The ICM's only business model is blackmail. I do not support that.

Regardless of the option chosen, I ask that ICANN continue to consider the widespread opposition of the sponsored community in any further decisions concerning a .XXX sTLD.

Best regards
Marko Rieslich