ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

.xxx domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .xxx domain
  • From: "Mandy Sherer" <msherer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:10:43 -0400

I wanted to express my objection to creating a .xxx domain expressly for
internet pornography.  I am a man who has been set free from this addiction
but it took a terrible toll on my marriage and family.  I agree with for
former Chief of the Justice Department's child exploitation and obscenity
section, Patrick Trueman that this is an entirely unnecessary step and will
not stop internet porn providers from using common .com web addresses.  They
are the sneakiest bunch of people that one can imagine and they pray on the
innocent and ignorant.  We should be fighting against them not encouraging
them to do more.

Blessings.

Jon Sherer