ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

NO ON THE XXX DOMAIN

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: NO ON THE XXX DOMAIN
  • From: "Judith Reisman" <jareisman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 08:21:41 -0700

Dear ICANN Members of the Board:

As former Principal Investigator of the U.S. Department of Justice study of
Images of Children, Crime & Violence in Playboy, Penthouse and Hustler,
1989, US Dpt of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Grant No.
84-JN-AX-K007, I strongly object to any XXX accommodation for pornographers.

I have researched the role of mass media and in particular role of erotic
images upon brain, mind, memory among adults and children for 35 years. Any
legitimizing of public erotic imagery--as would be the case via an .XXX
domain-will increase the trauma to society via cynical dehumanization of
women and children, leaving ICANN board members responsible for third party
damage as is a bar owner responsible for a drunk driver who sells his patron
too much liquor . Kindly abandon the .XXX proposal.

The public did not propose this domain. As Mr Patrick Trueman has noted, the
public is opposed to further sex domains so clearly this is a desire of
pornographers to increase their addicted audience. I have attached a recent
monograph on pornography addiction for your perusal, the first page
excerpted below:

Sincerely,

Judith A Reisman, PhD

Scientific Advisor, Calif Protective Parents Assoc.

JPEG image