ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Deny .XXX sTLD application

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Deny .XXX sTLD application
  • From: Webmaster <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 21:39:01 +0100

As a web designer and content producer for the adult entertainment industry, my business' foundation is internet based. If ICM's application for a .XXX sTLD were granted, and a .XXX sTLD were to be created, it would negatively impact my business by increasing the set-up costs for my clients and by imposing upon them restrictions put in place by the regulatory entity for XXX domains, a body which from my many years in this industry does not have the support of the adult internet industry.

It would put ICANN in the position of creating an unwanted and unmerited entity to impose regulations and policy for the adult entertainment community. As the members of this entity would be chosen by Stuart Lawley, a person without any ties to, or knowledge of, the adult industry this would create a situation that could easily stifle what is now a robust, and legal, adult entertainment internet presence.

I do not support the creation of a .XXX sTLD and believe that the ICANN Board was well within its rights to deny ICM's application in the 2007 Board meeting in Lisbon.

It is imperative that ICANN consider the widespread opposition from the adult entertainment community to a .XXX sTLD as it makes its decision. For that reason, I support Option # 3 of the March 26, 2010 process options submitted by ICANN for public comment.

Michale Boyle
AegeanSoft Web Publishing