ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Deny .XXX sTLD

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Deny .XXX sTLD
  • From: webmaster <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 08:45:48 -0400

As owner of a top level domain name that promotes products and services to
adults I do not support the creation of a .XXX sTLD and believe that the
ICANN Board was well within its rights to deny ICM's application in the 2007
Board meeting in Lisbon.

It is imperative that ICANN consider the widespread opposition from the
adult entertainment community to a .XXX sTLD as it makes its decision. For
that reason, I support Option # 3 of the March 26, 2010 process options
submitted by ICANN for public comment.

It should be abundantly apparent by now that ICM registry does NOT have the
support of the industry that this domain is targeted for meaning that the
only reasonable thing ICANN can do is deny it once and for all.

What the independent panel ruled was based on the erroneous assumption that
ICM Registry had the support of our industry (adult). They never had our
support, nor do they have it now.

Please do the right thing and deny this application and make it final.