ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Deny .XXX sTLD

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Deny .XXX sTLD
  • From: Steve smith <o0oscar0o@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 05:34:40 -0700 (PDT)

As an affiliate program for the adult entertainment industry, my
business' foundation is internet based.  If ICM's application were
granted and a .XXX sTLD were to be created it would negatively impact my
 business.  Also it would put ICANN in the position of  creating an
entity to impose regulations and policy for the adult entertainment
community-a situation that could easily stifle what is now a robust
adult entertainment internet presence.

I do not support the creation of a .XXX sTLD and believe that
the ICANN Board was well within its rights to deny ICM's application in
the 2007 Board meeting
 in Lisbon.

It is imperative that ICANN consider the widespread opposition
from the adult entertainment community to a .XXX sTLD as it makes its
decision.  For that reason, I support Option # 3 of the March 26, 2010
process options submitted by ICANN for public comment.