ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Stop Internet Pornography - No to .XXX domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Stop Internet Pornography - No to .XXX domain
  • From: "karen hawkins" <karen4randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 10:52:59 -0700

Title: Vote NO to Triple X Domain

To Whom It May Concern:

An .XXX domain would expand - not restrict - the availability of Internet
pornography. Pornographers would not be required to relocate all of their
material to one location. Instead, it will be accessible in both the .COM and
the .XXX domain, giving children and families greater access to harmful,
obscene material.

Any proposal that results in the expansion of pornography will harm women,
children, and families. We don't need to relocate obscene material, we need to
prosecute it!

I support Option #3 of the March 26, 2010, process options submitted by ICANN
for public comment. The .XXX sponsor, ICM, never satisfied the sponsorship
requirements and criteria for a sponsored Top Level Domain. The ICANN Board
denied ICM's application for the .XXX TLD on the merits in an open and
transparent forum. Please oppose ICM's proposition to establish an .XXX domain.

I know May 10 is all the time we have to make our objections known.

Please listen to those who cares about the American home and Family values.

Sincerely,

Randy & Karen Hawkins, Lake Havasu City, AZ