ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Stop Creation of .XXX Domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Stop Creation of .XXX Domain
  • From: alicia bitton <aliciabitton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 14:29:37 -0700

To Whom it may concern,

I am writing to thank you for your awareness of the impact pornography has
on Internet use.  I understand ICANN is contemplating the creation of a new
domain, .XXX.  I applaud the efforts of ICANN make pornographic sites easily
identifiable.  I think this is an excellent way for families to protect
themselves and their children.  I am however concerned that this new domain
will increase access to pornography as it will be available both on .com &
.xxx domains.  I urge you to wait to create this new domain until proper
legal  channels have been taken to require pornographic sites to be listed
exclusively on a .XXX domain and not in the .com domains.

Thank you for your time,

Alicia Bitton