ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Please don't spread the flow of Porn!

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Please don't spread the flow of Porn!
  • From: <brcragle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 22:49:59 -0500

Dear ICANN,

The track record demonstrated on the internet thus
far makes it clear that pornographers continually
overrun boundaries in order to peddle their wares
to internet users that do not even seek it out. How
can anyone believe they would voluntarily move to
an isolated porn-only domain and cease this
activity? We will end up with the same problems we
currently have while adding another domain in
which the most offensive, violent, dangerous
material thrives unabated.

I support Option #3 of the March 26, 2010 process
options submitted by ICANN for public comment.

ICANN should vote to adopt the dissenting opinion
of the Panel's Declaration on the basis that the
Board thinks that the Panel's majority opinion was
wrong and that the Board's conduct was consistent
with ICANN's Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

Sincerely,

Beth Cragle
brcragle@xxxxxxxxx

33782082