ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Choose option # 3: Deny .XXX sTLD

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Choose option # 3: Deny .XXX sTLD
  • From: Seattle Horse <horsefwd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 19:34:06 -0800

ICM's application to create a .XXX sTLD would put ICANN in the position of a
regulatory entity, stifle what is now a robust adult entertainment internet
presence, and come dangerously close to allowing the negation of what
Americans take to be an inalienable right of all human beings - indeed, the
first of such rights according to our Founding Fathers - that of free
speech.

I do not support the creation of a .XXX sTLD and believe that the ICANN
Board was well within its rights to deny ICM's application in the 2007 Board
meeting in Lisbon. It is imperative that ICANN consider the widespread
opposition from the adult entertainment community to a .XXX sTLD as it makes
its decision. For that reason, I support Option # 3 of the March 26, 2010
process options submitted by ICANN for public comment.

Phillip Wood
Seattle WA 98133-5015